1) How long have you been in the real estate business as individuals and as a real estate team?
Julie received her license in December of 2006 and I (Kathryn) received mine in 2007. In 2011 we established JJ & the Z.
2) What industry were you both in before entering the real estate business?
Julie worked for the Hartford Insurance Company and I (Kathryn) worked for Parke-Davis as a pharmaceutical rep.
3) How long have you worked at RE/MAX Metro?
We both joined RE/MAX Metro in July 2009.
4) Your team is very involved in the Tampa Bay community. Can you tell us a little bit about the upcoming event "Pops in the Park" here in St. Pete?
A little over three yeas ago, we were approached to become a sponsor of this great event. We love giving back to the community and felt this was a wonderful way to do it. Pops in the Park is a free concert put on by The Florida Orchestra. It takes place in the Vinoy Park every October. This year it is being held on October 17th at 7pm. Last year, the event had over 18,000 people in attendance. You can bring your lawn chairs and a cooler of drinks and food and sit back and enjoy music under the evening stars. At the end of the evening there is an awesome fireworks display right over the bay.
5) Are there any other organizations that your team is involved in that you would like to share with your fellow Metro family?
We are very fortunate. We feel giving back to certain charities that mean a lot to us was our way of saying thank you! Pediatric Cancer Foundation is very special to us. We sponsor two big events annually, Brinner of Hope dinner and Fasion for the Cure. We are also sponsors for All Children's Hospital, Southeastern Guide Dogs, Pancreatic Cancer, Clothes for Kids, local schools and the Arts community in St. Pete.
6) Tell us two things (either as individuals or as a team) you really enjoy about real estate and why.
We really enjoy helping our clients sell their home or find their dream home. We become invested with our buyers and sellers. Many of them have become our close friends. Real estate can be stressful at times, but our main goal is to have fun.
JJ & The Z Real Estate Team at Pops in the Park 2014
JJ & The Z Real Estate Team