The Baby Boomers no longer dominate the generations. According to FloridaRealtors®, there are almost 79 million Millennials in the U.S. WithMillennials being the largest generation in history, what could this mean for“Heaven’s Waiting Room” Well, according to NerdWallet’s analysis, The ‘Burg is the leading city for Millennial Job Seekers in the state of Florida, which means we may no longer live in an areadominated by retirees.
So what is there to do in an area with beautiful beaches, a renewed downtown, andthe record holder of the most days of sunshine in a row Here are our Top 5 favoritethings to do in St. Petersburg.
1) Shopping and Dining. What was once known as Baywalk in Downtown St.Petersburg is now Sundial. Sundial includes premier restaurants andnationally recognized retails stores to provide you with endless shoppingand dining pleasure. After spending a day perusing the racks at White HouseBlack Market, or Lululemon and afterwardsenjoy a delicious dinner at Sea Salt.
2) Jet Skiing and Boating. With plenty of boating rental locations along thebeaches, there are plenty of opportunities to take a spin in the gulf. And withthe warm temperatures lasting year round, who says you can’t have anexciting summer day in December
3) Saturday Morning Market. Every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. localrestaurants, shops and farmers come together in Downtown St. Petersburg toshare their products and services. Experience the variety St. Petersburg hasto offer from French cuisine to southern comfort foods, there’s a flavor foreveryone to enjoy.
4) Dali Museum. Downtown St. Petersburg is home to the largest collection ofDali works outside of Europe. For under $25 an adult, you can enjoy the workof Dali along with another featured famous artist from history. Currently, theDali Museum is featuring Leonardo DaVinci.
5) Fourth of July on the Beach. Each Fourth of July the city of St. Pete Beach andalong other beaches, barges full of fireworks are displayed right after sunset.Enjoy a beautiful day at the beach and watch the sunset before enjoying theshow.
The city of St. Petersburg has so much more to offer. As a home we love so much,we hope to share a piece of it with you. Share your favorite things about The‘Burg in the comments below!