Today I want to talk about a very exciting platform called Reddit.
Reddit is a website/forum/social platform where members are free to ask questions and share ideas. It has been around for years, and is still going strong.
As an agent, being present on this platform could be very, very interesting, because:
You'll know what people in the area talk about (where to get drinks, where to live, how long is the drive from St. Pete to Tampa, what restaurants are pet friendly)
- You'll be a part of this community in a more personal way
- You'll have a platform to answer people's questions
IMPORTANT: This platform is not to be used 100% promotionally, it should be 95% personal and 5% self-promotion. This may seem like a waste of your time, but trust me: if you use this platform well, you'll connect with people you never would have reached before.
THE 95% PERSONAL
- Answer questions about restaurants, bars, walks, etc as yourself
- Post about things that interest you/questions you have/participate in the community
THE 5% PROFESSIONAL
- Every few days, people will post about moving to a certain part of town: this is your time to delicately suggest an area, show your expertise and knowledge, and be a helpful "friend" in the Reddit Community
- When you're especially proud of an achievement by RE/MAX Metro, or your own, post about it. Just remember, a thankful post always sounds better than an promotional one.
LINKS TO REDDITS IN THE AREA:
Tampa Bay: www.reddit.com/r/tampa/
St. Pete: www.reddit.com/r/StPetersburgFL/
QUICK VIDEO ABOUT HOW TO USE REDDIT: